What's new in 3.0
Couchbase Server 3.0 is a major release that provides significant enhancements to scalability, performance, availability and reliability, ease of administration, and security.
Couchbase Server 3.0 is our major release which extends our lead as the most performant and scalable NoSQL database for mission critical enterprise applications. In addition to adding great new functionality for the enterprise, 3.0 delivers many new features that make it easier for developers and administrators to work with Couchbase Server, making it the best choice for your NoSQL projects.
The major new enhancements and features available in Couchbase Server 3.0 include:
- Infrastructure enhancements including:
- Bucket and disk I/O enhancements including:
- Bucket metadata ejections
- Disk I/O priority
- Server maintenance enhancements including:
- Graceful failover
- Delta node recovery
- Incremental backup and restore
- Views enhancement with Stream-based views.
- XDCR enhancements including Stream-based XDCR and XDCR pause and resume replication
For information about pausing and resuming XDCR replication, see Pausing XDCR replication via the web console, Pausing XDCR replication streams via the CLI, and Pausing XDCR replication streams via the REST API.
- Security enhancement including Encrypted administrative access and Encrypted data access.
- Log and log collection improvements with Cluster-wide diagnostics